Applications to apply for a Death Certificate are provided in person or by mail after required documents and full payment has been received by the Consulate.
- Australian Death Certificate authenticated by the Consulate (Authentication Process)
- National ID card or Egyptian Passport of the deceased.
- The Australian Death Certificate will need to be translated by the Consulate (fees $100)
- Application fee: AUD $90.00
- Payment in Cash if lodging application in person
- Payment by Australia Post money order or bank check (personal/business checks are not accepted), and must be payable to the “Consulate General of Egypt”.
Applications may be lodged:
- In-person during Consulate walk-in hours of 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM Monday to Friday
- By mail:
- Applicants in New South Wales, Queensland, or Northern Territory are directed to mail their required documents, payment, and self-addressed prepaid registered envelope.
- The Consulate will mail back your original documents and the application form using the above-mentioned prepaid envelope.
- Complete the application form and sign it in front of a public notary.
- Mail the completed application form using a registered envelope to our postal address: GPO BOX 1258, Sydney NSW 2001