Applications to apply for a Birth Certificate are provided in person or by mail after required documents and full payment has been received by the Consulate.
- Australian Birth Certificate authenticated by the Consulate (Authentication Process)
- Original valid National ID card or valid Passport for the Father
- Original valid National ID card or valid Passport for the Mother
- Parents Egyptian marriage certificate or Authenticated Australian marriage certificate.
- If the marriage certificate is Australian it will need to be translated by the Consulate (fees $100)
- Application fee: AUD $100.00
- Payment in Cash if lodging application in person
- Payment by Australia Post money order or bank cheque (personal/business cheques are not accepted), and must be payable to the “Consulate General of Egypt”.
Applicants over the age of 21 will require approval from Egypt before the application can be lodged. (Email clear copies of the required documents excluding the application fees and state you need to obtain a birth certificate)
Applications may be lodged:
- In-person during Consulate walk-in hours of 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM Monday to Friday
- By mail:
- Applicants in New South Wales, Queensland, or Northern Territory are directed to mail their required documents, payment, and self-addressed prepaid registered envelope.
- The Consulate will mail back your original documents and the application form using the above-mentioned prepaid envelope.
- Complete the application form and sign it in front of a public notary.
- Mail the completed application form using a registered envelope to our postal address: GPO BOX 1258, Sydney NSW 2001100